What is D-Chiro Inositol?
D-Chiro Inositol Assists With Metabolic Syndromes*
Myo Inositol and D-Chiro Inositol lets the cell know it needs to respond. Inositol-phospho-glycan,(IPG) cleaves to either myo-inositol or D-Chiro Inositol. D-Chiro Inositol, (DC-IPG), signals to the cell to either burn or store sugar. While Myo-IPG signals to produce testosterone.
So, when D-Chiro Inositol DC-IPG signals the cell to either burn or store sugar, the sugar gets used, which triggers Myo-IPG to stop producing testosterone. But some people genetically cannot produce enough DC-IPG. Without enough DC-IPG telling the cells to dispose of sugar you will get cell resistance, which doesn’t trigger Myo-IPG to stop producing testosterone, keeping it high. Women with (PCOS), generally have an elevated testosterone due to her body’s inability to convert to DC-IPG.
A special note to you guys out there: this is only referring to testosterone secreted by the “theca” cells in the ovary not the testes. So, DCI will not effect your testosterone secretion.
DCI has been shown to normalize menstrual cycles and help restore ovulation and balance hormonal levels.
Another factor about Inositol is it functions as a secondary messenger for serotonin and dopamine, neurotransmitters that send signals back and forth between the brain and other systems in the body. Low levels of inositol may disrupt this signaling, possibly resulting in mood issues and impaired mental health. So just to recap, research finds DCI has been shown to:
- Increase low progesterone levels*
- Reduce serum insulin levels*
- Reduce raised serum androgens (testosterone) both free and total*
- Reduce glycosylated haemoglobin (HbA1c) an indicator of long term sugar levels*
- Reduce plasma triglyceride levels (the amount of fat in your blood)*
- May induce weight loss*
- Reduce the "hangry" sensation*
- Help with brain fog*
But wait that’s not all! See what else DCI is good for in
Part 2: DCI, Gets the Good Housekeeping Seal of Efficiency!
DCI Is Very Efficient
Studies are now showing that D-Chiro Inositol, (DCI) increases Autophagy
Okay, here we go down the rabbit hole:
As a normal part of metabolic processes in the human body, cells are constantly becoming damaged. It gets worse as we age, experience stress, and deal with more and more
free radical damage, (see previous blogs on free radicals). This is where autophagy comes in: simply put autophagy is the bodies housekeeping mechanism which involves clearing damaged cells from the body, including old cells that serve no functional purpose but still linger inside tissues and organs. The reason it’s so important to remove old and damaged cells is because they can trigger inflammatory pathways and contribute to various health issues.
Another cool thing about our housekeeping system is the autophagy process basically works by using waste produced inside cells to create new “building materials” that aid in repair and regeneration. It is our body’s most efficient cellular recycling program. Research shows autophagy:
- Regulates the functions of the cells’ mitochondria, (the powerplant of the cell), which help produce energy while preventing damage by oxidative stress, (internal rust).*
- Clears damaged endoplasmic reticulum, (a system of cavities and tiny connecting canals that occupy much of the internal fluid of the cell and functions especially in the movement of materials within the cell.)*
- Protects the nervous system and encourages growth of brain and nerve cells. Autophagy seems to improve cognitive function, brain structure and neuroplasticity.*
- Supports growth of heart cells*
- Enhances the immune system by eliminating intracellular pathogens, (foreign invaders).*
- Protects the stability of DNA.*
- Assists in reducing damage to healthy tissues and organs.*
Dr. Stewart has just formulated Neurobiologix’s new DCI formula Metabolic Stimulator, which combines D-Chiro Inositol and 4 other nutrient cofactors to enhance the necessary biochemical steps needed for intracellular energy. Following a well-balanced diet and daily exercise can positively impact your metabolism. Adding Metabolic Stimulator to your daily routine could help regulate sugar function as well as support autophagy and help to reduce inflammation.*